self-respect is my respect for myself
i could as well suck 3 thousand dicks and still respect myself so shut the fuck up
Hell I would respect u for sucking 3 thousand dicks
(Source: kickass-pics, via eatsleeep-repeat)
1. Date a boy who makes you happy, but marry him only if he makes you laugh deep-belly rumbles that hurt your ribs as they expand outwards. Date him when he sees that you’re hurting and he gives you a moment to feel that pain like a handprint spreading across your consciousness, marry him only if he can make you smile even while you’re gross sobbing. The world is not a kind place. You will feel a lot of pain. Make sure you are with someone who makes it all bearable. Humor is an excellent gauge of intelligence. Life gets boring. Find someone who makes the banal interesting.
2. Make sure he has scars on the back of his hands, it’s a good sign he has experience either fighting or making things - creation is an act of selflessness and bruised knuckles are a good sign he knows how to defend himself. You’ve got too much soul to be handled by someone who has never been passionate. If he’s never thrown a punch, let him at least have tasted the insanity of bringing an idea into existence. Rough palms are better than soft ones, they have been salted by this earth and made into leather. Callouses are evidence he has lived, that he has broken skin and been in pain over and over and over again and still came back to the source of it. People rub against each other. Don’t marry him if he can’t handle even a little blister.
3. Before you say yes, get him angry. See him scared, see him wanting, see him sick. Stress changes a person. Find out if he drinks and if he does, get him drunk - you’ll learn more about his sober thoughts. Discover his addictions. See if he puts you in front of them. You can’t change people, baby girl. If they are made one way, it doesn’t just wear off. If you hate how he acts when he’s out of it now, you’re going to hate it much worse eight years down the road. You might love him to bits but it doesn’t change that some people just don’t fit.
4. Trust your instincts. If he ever makes you feel unsafe, don’t make excuses, just get up and leave. That’s all there is to it. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
5. If he puts money before you, he’ll keep pushing you to the bottom of the pile until you become his last priority. It’s one thing if he can’t afford what you want, it’s another if he has the cash but won’t spring for a box of chicken mcnuggets. Money and love are arch enemies. 62% of divorces occur due to economic strain. Make sure keeping you is more important than his 401k.
6. How a man treats animals is a good indicator of how he treats children. If you see him raise a hand to a dog, pack your things into a little black bag. Animals at their worst are only half as annoying as a toddler on their best behaviour. Your kids will be beautiful, but they will also misbehave. Same goes for waiters and hotel maids - if he’s rude to those who are working for minimum wage, it says a lot about how he sees himself. Patience is rare and so important. If he’s not forgiving to a dog, he’s not good for your kids.
7. If he isn’t in awe of you, he doesn’t deserve you. You are my little girl and you were born perfect. If he can’t see that, it’s his loss. There is someone who thinks your flaws power his heart. Be strong. If he asks you to change, be like like rock of your birthstone, do not waver. You are wondrous just the way that you are. — My father’s recipe for the man I should marry (part 1/2 of a series). /// r.i.d (via inkskinned)
I need feminism because a senator actually referred to a pregnant woman as a ‘host’.
Not a woman. Not a mother. A ‘host’.
You know what a host is?
It’s the victim of a parasite.
So this pro-life dude just made an argument against his own agenda.
And also, a host?
Fuck that shit.
If I’m a host, then I have the right to kick an unwelcome visitor out of my house.
He may want to rethink that term.
What if you wake up one morning and you’re in bed with the love of your life and they have their arm around you and their snoring like a fucking ass hole, but you can’t help but to smile and you hear a baby crying and it finally hits you, you’ve made it.
you beat the demons inside you, the voices, the darkness.
I look forward to that, to knowing I made it.
this deserve so many notes
I don’t care how hot you are, if your personality is shit your physical appearance automatically means nothing
It really frustrates me when someone uses the “judge someone by who they are, not by what they say or do” line. That’s not how it works. Your actions define your character. What you say or do, on a daily basis, defines who you are inside, and how I will view you until you show me otherwise. If you continuously do asshole things or make asshole remarks, you will forever be seen as an asshole in my eyes. That line is just an excuse for people to get away with just about anything. Its bullshit.
I hate wearing makeup but I love wearing makeup you feel me
Cheers to a good country song, another long work week gone. Yeah, I’m raising my glass to those saving our ass over seas — (via tennesseesonmymind)
(Source: homegrownpeach, via eatsleeep-repeat)
Today, I read an article about a woman with HIV who was raped. The man that attacked her is now HIV positive. All of the commentary surround this was about how she should have told him she was HIV+ and that women with HIV should have a badge or special underwear so that this doesn’t happen to another man. It is 12:12am and I am already done with the world.
That is rape culture
THIS POST WINS FOR THE MOST HORRIFYING THING I’VE READ ALL DAY
This is the most useful thing I’ve ever reblogged.
(Source: gyarados, via rneerkat)